I’ve been working on my packing list and planning where I will visit. The temperature should range from 40’s – 70’s because it is Zambia’s “winter” season in July. I hope to travel light, but we will see about that LOL! We will be in Lusaka on July 6th & 8th, with a day visit to Kabwe on the 7th. Then we head west on July 9th. The plan is to visit these towns and villages on my trip:
- Lusaka – I plan to see the Oblates’ House of Studies and many other mission efforts including work farming.
- Kabwe – I will be visiting our parish house.
- Kalabo – The Oblates recently built huts for elderly people in this village!
- Lukulu – I should be visiting a church, school, HIV clinic and leprosarium.
- Mongu – From radio station Radio Liseli the Oblates broadcast into remote areas and villages of Zambia. This should be very interesting.
- Shangombo – A huge focus of this trip for the traveling team is to build a much needed toilet / sanitation system here.
To give you a sense of scale, the time for traveling by bus from Lusaka to Mongu is about 8 hours at a distance of 600 kilometers (375 miles).